So firstly what is ‘self mastery?’ The Collins English Dictionary describes it as being ‘the ability to take control of one’s life without being blown off course by feelings, urges, circumstances. Thesaurus says ‘self mastery’ is ‘the power to control one’s actions, impulses or emotions’.
So is ‘mastery of the mind’ part of gaining self mastery? The answer is yes and we will explore this as part of one of the many different paths to developing self mastery. See for example the article entitled ‘Mindfulness!’ in Self Mastery Keys.
And what does ‘self mastery’ mean on a spiritual level? A simple explanation is that it’s evolving – firstly from only seeing ourselves as a body, then as a mind and then seeing ourselves as a ‘soul’. There is a famous quote:
‘You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience’. Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.
I am sharing my own journey towards ‘self mastery’ – the steps I have been taking to reach this goal in ‘Introduction to Self Mastery Keys’ in Self Mastery Keys.
The aim of this site is to ultimately be able to create beyond the illusion of duality (refer to ‘Create Beyond the “Illusion!” with ♥ (Love) in Articles).
To do this we need to ‘gain self mastery’. Some of the steps which can help us to do this are:
* Clearing our blocks including ‘limiting beliefs’ and much more – through using ‘Know the “Who” in You!’ (Details regarding this 7 step programme can be found here.
* Learning how to become ‘self aware’.
* Becoming ‘mindful’.
* Learning how to ‘ground’ energies.
* Learning how to ‘let go’ and simply ‘be!’ More on this in ‘The Journey out of Victim Consciousness’. in Articles.
* Shifting from ‘our head’ to ‘our heart’.
* Becoming aware that our ‘female and male energies’ are becoming combined. This will occur naturally as we come to a point of ‘neutrality’ within ourselves through clearing what’s limiting us and holding us back.
* And finally learning how to put all of the above together and create with ‘pure intent’. An explanation of this will be forthcoming in Self Mastery Keys.
(Detailed information regarding all the above steps can be found by going to ‘Self Mastery Keys).
There are many, many rewards from having ‘Self Mastery’ as your goal, which include being able to ‘walk in two worlds!’ Details of the ‘Walking in Two Worlds!’ workshop can be found in Workshops. This workshop explains some of ‘Spiritual Awakening Symptoms’ many of us are going through and suggestions to make the ‘journey’ through them more comfortable. (See more information in Articles/News). We are also being ‘gifted’ with such abilities as not having to meditate first to ‘be’ in a continual meditative state. We can learn how to speak to our cells and know they’ve heard us. Have our physic abilities enhanced as well as learn to slow/stop time. More ‘gifts’ are found in ‘Know the “Who” in You!’ in Self Mastery Keys.
‘He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.‘ Lao Tzu.